Benefits of Chiropractic Care After a Car Accident
Published by: Dr. Stephen Menya
Often times when people have been in a car accident a chiropractor, like myself, is not the first person that comes to mind to obtain medical attention. But a chiropractor is typically your first stop if you have a non-allopathic injury, meaning you have experienced a sprain/strain joint subluxation.
A common car accident injury is whiplash. But I have also seen strained shoulder and or back muscles due to seatbelts and many more. Most of the time after an accident the adrenaline rush masks the pain and symptoms. This includes, but not limited to, things like concussion, headaches/migraines, joint aches, back/chest/neck spasms and overall pain. I have seen over and over patients who had no idea the insurance coverage they have to cover all these medical expenses. Often times, patients will go to the urgent care only to be told they are fine - to go home, rest and take some ibuprofen or Tylenol. They should have been referred to a chiropractor. Someone who can help them heal from the injuries they sustained due to the car accident.
6 Benefits of Chiropractic Care After a Car Accident:
1. Treat Invisible Injuries – things like whiplash that if left untreated will worsen over time.
2. Reduce Inflammation – muscle strains and tears that cannot be seen on an x-ray but need to be adjusted to reduce pain.
3. Receive Non-Invasive Treatment – no drugs or surgery; we will realign the spine
4. Reduce Scar Tissue – we will use other modalities to treat the scar tissue to help it heal faster
5. Restore Range of Motion – we will incorporate strength training and physiotherapy to relieve the stiffness
6. Reduce Pain – when you are adjusted, your spine releases a hormone that helps your overall pain decrease.
At Lions Gym & Wellness we know how the insurance companies work. We will make it as hassle-free as possible. We will do the paperwork. We will walk you step-by-step through the process and if need be, we will reach out to our network of lawyers to help you further.
Please do not be complacent and think that after the urgent care visit you have a clean bill of health. Please stop by Lions Gym & Wellness Center in downtown Robbinsdale (opposite the restaurant Travail) or call us at 763-535-0700 to make your free consultation appointment today.